It’s time to trade in your winter ‘blues’ for something in a cheerier hue! Don’t be intimidated by the brights – channel the new season with a pair of cropped skinnys in Grass Green or a bright Poppy. Get out of your denim funk by rocking a vest or fitted jean jacket. It’s time to celebrate spring’s arrival with a joyous print – paired with an understated t-shirt or light blouse and a pair of flats, a charming French wallpaper is casual enough for everyday wear. For those of us who prefer a more subdued welcome: a classic, tailored chino in peach or sea green is a subtle nod to the season.
This Spring, dutil. will release the first of a series of pressed vinyl records. The record, named Serotonin: To Long For – You Sessions Volume 1, is a collaborative album featuring up-and-coming local and international artists such as ACTORS, Drawn Ship and Sophia Danai (here’s a link to Sophia’s video for Now I Know, the single off her upcoming album Wishing Well).
The idea behind the record is to help artists who may or may not be monetarily able to press their own vinyl records, the ability to feature their work in a medium that has been lost in the era of the digital download and internet culture. dutil. loves the nostalgia and tactility that only a vinyl record can provide. dutil. wants you to hold it in your hands.
dutil. Records is proud to have had two-time Grammy winner, Chin Injeti work with us on the album which will be released some time this Spring 2013.
This March 16th, 2013, Naked & Famous celebrates their 5 year anniversary with a custom event hosted by us! There will be 7 chances at each of our stores (Vancouver, Toronto and our Online Store) to build your jeans!
How it works:
1) Show up to either our Vancouver or Toronto store, or catch us on the web at http://www.dutildenim.com/ on Saturday, March 16th, 2013. It is first-come, first-serve, so get there early!
2) Check out the Naked & Famous fits (Super Skinny Guy, Skinny Guy, Weird Guy, Slim Guy and Regular Guy) and decide which one is for you.
3) Pick your fabric, thread and patch colours.
5) Wait patiently for the jeans to be sewn.
6) Rock a custom pair of Naked & Famous denim!
7) Love dutil.!
Go ahead, BUILD YOUR JEANS!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, NAKED & FAMOUS!
*Online customers will need to add each separate item (fit, fabric, thread, patch) to their cart before checkout in order to complete their order.
*Custom denim is final sale.
There was cause to celebrate this previous weekend at dutil., as we ushered out the month with our 2nd annual Fade February Finale. The event encourages raw denim enthusiasts to showcase their naturally faded jeans with the top three fades earning their owners new pairs of jeans.
The winners were supplied with jeans generously provided by Railcar, Nudie and Naked & Famous. We toasted the event’s success with complimentary beers supplied by Pabst Blue Ribbon (for which we were very thankful!). We were also very fortunate to have the Static Captains provide coverage for the Vancouver event (click through to see their coverage).
The turnout at both our Toronto and Vancouver locations was great and we were happy to see some new faces along with the usual suspects. It was great to see a few ladies join in on the fun too!
Overall, we think Fade February 2013 was an amazing success and we thank you for your participation!
As the state of our planet gets worse and worse, it is becoming more and more important to be aware of your personal carbon footprint, even when it comes to buying clothing. Nudie Jeans is very aware of this necessity, and has gone totally organic – their cotton is grown organically and the company encourages their denim lovers to repair their jeans until they are no longer repairable, and then recycle them!
Below are a few videos highlighting Nudie’s admirable commitment to saving the earth, one jean at a time.
Now that January is almost over, it’s time to re-evaluate our New Years Resolutions – which ones are the most important, really?
Here are a few of our sample resolutions that you are welcome to adopt as your own:
1. Make more time for friends and family – why not take them jean shopping at either our Vancouver or Toronto locations, or even online at http://www.dutildenim.com/ ? This can be a great bonding experience and your friend or family member will leave with a great fitting pair of jeans that make them feel like a million bucks!
2. Save more of your hard earned cash – take advantage of our more modestly priced brands such as Cheap Monday, Monkee, Globe, Levi’s and Naked & Famous. Who says you can’t look good for less?
3. Eat healthier and exercise more – never considered yourself a skinny jeans wearer? Feel the need to drop a few? We think you can wear skinny jeans at any size and will work hard to help you find a slim pair that flatters your current (and fabulous!) figure.
4. Make an effort to stimulate the Canadian economy – we’ve got shops on both sides of Canada, and an online shop that is available to the rest of the world for those of you who want to contribute from afar.
5. Learn something new – want to know the ins and outs of denim? Not up to par with denim lingo? Visit one of our locations (Vancouver, Toronto) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a free denim tutorial taught by one of our dynamic staff members!
December 24th – 11am – 4pm
December 25th – CLOSED
December 26th – 30th – 10am – 7pm
December 31st – 12pm – 5pm
January 1st – CLOSED